Thursday, May 6, 2010

Writing prompt: Changing Space

Sure, National Poetry Month is over, but that doesn’t mean you should stop writing.

Today’s writing prompt has two parts. First, choose a space and describe it. It can be a public or private space. Consider who and what is in the space and what action is occurring.

Second, enter the space and focus on what changes. Consider people’s body language, conversational topics, the general tone, the light, animals present, etc. It is possible, of course, that nothing changes. Your goal is to determine what, if anything, changes and describe it for the reader.

Would you share your writing with us in the comments section below?

2 comments:

Arnold said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

http://dataentryjob-s.com

Chloe Yelena Miller said...

Thanks for reading, Alena! Glad you enjoyed it.