Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I’ll Be Right Back …

This blog will take a brief break and return on July 15th while I celebrate my great aunt’s 102nd birthday, honeymoon with my handsome groom and prepare to move to Washington, D.C.

If you stop by my reading with poet Hila Ratzabi at Made with Love Organic Bakery in Jersey City, NJ on Monday, June 7th, please introduce yourself.

Over the summer, consider taking one of my online creative writing workshops. I will be offereding  a one-week, online Beginning Poetry Writing Workshop in July. This class runs from Wednesday, July 21 – Sunday, July 25th. In August, you may be interested in Memoir Writing Workshop II. This two week class, from Monday, August 2 - Friday, August 13, will continue the conversation on memoir writing we began in May. If you've completed some brief memoir writing and considered the genre, you are reading for Memoir Writing Workshop II.

Think of the online classes “staycations” for writing. To register, email me (chloemiller(at)gmail(dot)com); I’ll save you a virtual seat and send you billing details. I’ll be checking my email periodically while I’m away.

I encourage you to continue to write, read and edit as much as possible in this period. I will do the same. I’ll be taking a brand new Moleskin journal with paper thick enough to hold watercolor on our honeymoon. I’m new to painting – and it shows! – but I look forward to documenting our voyage in words, colors and images. I’m not sure what reading I’ll take yet, but there are a few in the running, from the new Kay Ryan collection to a translation of Greek poetry.

No comments: