Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dodge Poetry Festival


The Dodge Poetry Festival, held every two years, is amazing. Simply amazing.

This year it will be held in Newark, N.J., October 7 - 10. There are readings, workshops and discussions by today's best American and international authors. You won't want to miss the music or storytelling sessions, either. I'm particularly excited to hear some poets that I've never heard before, like Kay Ryan, Amiri Baraka and Dorrianne Laux, as well as favorite readers, like Rita Dove and Mark Strand.

While I'll miss the previous, more rural venue, I'm proud that it will be held in Newark, a city close to where I grew up. It is a city, so I recommend taking public transportation, if that's possible. It will be walking distance to Newark Penn Station.

This will be my third time at the Dodge Poetry Festival and I love running into so many poetry-friends and meeting new, like-minded friends. Will I see you there? If you are planning on attending, I recommend buying your tickets in advance.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I so wish I could go to this - it sounds absolutely amazing. And YAY for the organizers for supporting Newark!

Chloe Yelena Miller said...

It is every two years... pencil it in :-)