Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall for the Book Festival


The Fall for the Book Festival, held primarily on George Mason University’s campus, started yesterday. I hope you’ll be able to attend some of the many exciting events scheduled between now through Friday. (Can you tell I’m excited to be working for such a great university that celebrates literature so publically?)
In my introduction to literature class, we just finished reading Ann Patchett’s novel Bel Canto and I’m looking forward to attending the event featuring her tonight. I’ve read this book a number of times and everytime I re-read it, I’m still surprised by some of the descriptive language and plot. This will be my first time hearing her live.

On Friday afternoon, I will be introducing cookbook authors Lisa Jervis and Tracye McQuirter. In an Advanced Composition class, we spent some time reading their blogs and discussing what constitutes a well-written and designed blog. (If you are interested in food writing, you might enjoy my food blog, Fare La Scarpetta.)

I hope to see you there! (You might be interested in an earlier blog post on the Festival.)

No comments: