Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Writing Prompt: Look up

My mother, a photographer, taught me to always look up and behind me. There is so much to see that isn’t right in front of you.

For today’s prompt, I suggest that you do just that. Wherever you are, look up. What’s there? Maybe there are cobwebs, the sky, interesting molding or the top of your bookcase.

Consider what might be even further up, especially if you live in an apartment building. I like to look at the building next door and think about what our roof might look like if we were to walk out there (which I don’t advise, of course.)

Write for ten minutes without stopping and see if there are lines, words, or ideas that you can expand upon later.

You are welcome to share your writing in the Comments section below.

No comments: