Friday, November 19, 2010

Thinking About Copyright Issues Today

The Copyright Alliance Education Foundation recently sent out a link to a post about copyright issues on the How Publishing Really Works blog. The post ends with a request to blog about copyright today.

With this in mind, I’d like to turn our attention to copyright/plagiarism issues. It is impossible to write or teach without thinking about these issues a considerable amount. From both perspectives, an amazing resource is the Copyright Alliance. You can find helpful information for educators and writers.

When I was preparing a fall syllabus this summer, I blogged about plagiarism. There, I include some links that I find helpful and suggestions about class exercises that dissuade plagiarism.

On a related note, educators might be interested in a recent case chronicled by Inside Higher Ed about cheating in a classroom at the University of Central Florida.

I look forward to reading not only today’s post on How Publishing Works, but the links to other posts in the Comments section. While you are visiting the site, I encourage you to click around and read the many posts. There are some particularly great lists of publishing links there.

2 comments:

Jane Smith said...

Thanks for this, Chloe. I've added a link to your blog from mine: the more people we can get thinking about copyright, the more chance we have of making a difference.

Chloe Yelena Miller said...

Thank *you* for opening the conversation!