Monday, January 24, 2011

Upcoming Online Writing Workshops: Revision

This semester I am offering two revision workshops: creative non-fiction and poetry. The focus of these classes will be on revisiting previously drafted work. It is rare that a piece of writing doesn’t require a number of drafts, edits and revisions before it is considered “finished.” We’ll discuss techniques to re-enter into a piece of writing and what to do to help it to become the piece of writing that it wants to be. I’ll present some rules, how to follow them and, of course, how to break them. These small, online workshops will focus on the voice, style and tone that you are developing.

For more information, please see the full class descriptions. You are welcome to email me with any questions (chloemiller(at)gmail(dot)com.) Register by sending me an email and I will send you payment information. 

I look forward to reading your work and revisions this spring.


Creative Non-Fiction Revision
Monday, February 14 to Friday, February 25 (2 weeks)

Poetry Revision
Monday, April 11 to Friday, April 22 (2 weeks)

No comments: