Monday, March 14, 2011

Submission Opportunity: Calling All Poets for National Poetry Month!


April is, of course, National Poetry Month. I look forward to celebrating on this blog by sharing your voices. If you write or read poetry and would like to guest blog during the month of April, please let me know by emailing me your idea for a piece {chloemiller(at)gmail(dot)com.}

I'll consider any post related to poetry. Surprise me! Here are some ideas to get you started:


Original poem
Review of a poet, poetry book, literary journal, reading or poem
Recommended poetry resources (writing, reading series, bookstore, submissions, travel, writing prompts, etc.)
Interview with a poet, reader or editor
Craft discussion
Writing Prompt
Why you write
Where you find inspiration
Editing and revision techniques
Suggestions on how to teach poetry reading and writing
When you "came out" to your family as a poet
Favorite quotes

Email me your idea by Monday, March 28 and I will respond to you by Thursday, March 31. The short piece (1 - 5 paragraphs) would be due to me at least three days before the publication date. I will be posting Monday, Wednesday and Thursday throughout the month. Please include a brief bio in the third person, links to any relevant sites and, if possible, a related image.

I look forward to reading your words and sharing them with our readers. 

No comments: