Friday, July 8, 2011

Writing Residency: Writing this October on Martha's Vineyard

If you follow me on Facebook, you know that I was recently invited to the Martha’s Vineyard Writers Residency.

As you can imagine, I am super excited. Super. Excited.

I will be there for three weeks (October 10 – 31) working on my new poetry manuscript. I decided the beginning of this year, literally starting on 1/1/11, to start a new collection of poems. The manuscript has already had a few titles, but the focus has remained the same: loss, grief, the mourning process, health and healing. I also decided that I need to better prioritize my writing. Enter writing residency applications.

To celebrate the upcoming residency, my husband took me out for a New England meal at Hank’s Oyster Bar: Oysters, fried olives and lobster rolls. (If you like food as much as I do, you might enjoy my Italian cooking and language blog, Fare La Scarpetta or  Chinese food-oriented blog, Forks to Chopsticks.)

If you’ve been on this residency, I’d love to hear from you. If you have tips about Martha’s Vineyard, I’d love to hear those, too!






2 comments:

Erika Dreifus said...

Congratulations, Chloe'! That looks like such a great opportunity. Enjoy it!

Chloe Yelena Miller said...

Thanks, Erika!