Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Postcards & Poetry

Once I learned about Concrete Wolf’s Postcard Poetry project, I discovered that there are actual postcard presses.  How wonderful! In this virtual era, it is beautiful to hold an object of art in your hands, read a poem, look closely at the image and turn it around again. Both the image and the poem are present together and separate at the same time.

Here are two. Are there more? I hope so. Please share their links in the Comment section below.

Postcard Press is a micropress publishing one very short story, essay or poem each month in the form of a 4x6 postcard.

ripple(s) is another postcard press. They send, as they say, “4×6 nuggets of poetry or prose people can hold, read, pass along hand-to-hand, eye-to-eye.”

If you are thinking of writing your own postcard poems, you might enjoy this writing prompt from Lantern Review’s blog.

I hope you’ll visit my Etsy store to see the Postcard Poems I’ve been working on most recently. 

No comments: