Friday, September 23, 2011

2012 Poet's Market



I was excited to receive a copy of the 2012 Poet’s Market with my article, “Be Creative in your Career: Offer Private Writing Workshops.” If you are a creative writer, working in poetry or another genre, I think you’ll find the practical tips about how (and why) to set up a private writing workshop helpful.

It is wonderful to have my essay article in such great company. Some of my favorite articles from this edition include Nancy Susanna Breen’s “From a Judge’s Perspective,” Taylor Mali’s “10 Tips for the Perfect Reading” and Sage Cohen’s “Why Poets Need Platforms.” I look forward to discovering new presses and literary journals in the Markets section and learning more about related resources, like educational programs.

I have been regularly reading the annual Poet’s Market and Writer’s Market, published by Writer’s Digest Books, for years. The submission listings, helpful articles and more taught me how to better organize my individual and manuscript submissions.

What have you discovered in the Poet’s Market?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats, Chloe, that is wonderful!

Chloe Yelena Miller said...

Thanks, Amy!