Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Home from AWP



I’m home from AWP with literary loot: Conference booklet and tote, literary journals, anthologies, poetry books, postcards announcing new books, pins, pens, flyers announcing submissions and more. My head is spinning with new ideas and I’m still exhausted while trying to catch up on teaching my classes, too.

Catching up with old friends, meeting new ones, attending panels and readings, walking through the bookroom and seeing a wee bit of Chicago were all amazing. My goal is to (as quickly as possible) work through what I’ve learned and share some of it with you here.

In the next few weeks I’ll be sharing some of the new ideas, journals and programs that I learned about. I will also be archiving each presentation from our panel, “Will Write for Food.” It was thrilling that so many people showed up (not only were people standing in the back, but some friends said it was so crowded that they couldn’t squeeze into the room!)

Stay tuned!

Did you attend AWP? If you’d like to guest blog about your experience (maybe a panel you attended or a new journal you learned about?), I’d love to hear from you. Leave me a note below or email me {chloemiller(at)gmail(dot)com}.

No comments: