Saturday, August 11, 2012

Off to Bread Loaf...


This month I'm off to the Bread Loaf Writer's Conference in Vermont and will be back the last week of August.

I'm looking forward to participating in Natasha Trethewey's poetry workshop. I've printed out and read the manuscripts of everyone in my class (here's to hoping that my poems hold up in workshop.) I can't wait to sink into the Bread-Loaf-literary-immersion that I've been reading about for years: workshops, lectures, readings, talks with agents and publishers and more. I've been listening to some of the past lectures and readings here.

I've packed the recommended bug spray, quarters for laundry and phone calls (limited to no cell phone coverage on campus) and a flashlight to get back to the dorms at night. Brings back memories of packing for summer camp...

See you later this month!

No comments: