Thursday, October 25, 2012

"Good Rejections" and the Rejection Wiki

I've written that rejection letters can be cause for celebration because you've succeeded in getting your work ready for publication and then took the risk of sending it out.

Some of the rejection letters might be better than others. If the editor adds in a personal comment or invites you to submit again, then you've received a "good" rejection letter (of course, I use quotations since the work still isn't accepted.)

How do you know if you've received a "good" rejection letter? Well, now you can compare, contrast and even upload your own sample rejection letters on the Rejection Wiki. Organized alphabetically, this (strange?) database is collecting "standard" and "higher tier" rejection letters (without personal information, of course) for both poetry and prose.

Does the Rejection Wiki ultimately make me feel better or worse about myself? I'm not sure, but I do know that I'm pretty fascinated by it.

Your thoughts?

No comments: