Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Poem Published by the Postcard Press

Remote published by the Postcard Press


I’m excited to have my poem, Remote, designed beautifully and published on a postcard by the Postcard Press. Please click through to the press to purchase your copy and support this venture.

I wrote Remote last January while traveling in China with my husband. I was thinking of my friend who passed when we were in the seventh grade one snowy January day twenty-three years earlier.  I’ve written about this dear and missed friend often.  There are some poems about her in my upcoming collection, Unrest. If you log in, you can read another poem dedicated to her memory in Narrative Magazine

I’m really fond of postcard poetry. Participating in ConcreteWolf’s poetry postcard project in 2011 got me started. Then I started two poetry postcard series, which are for sale in my Etsy store. The first one is a series of narrative poems about my Great Aunt Dora paired with images of her. 

You might remember an earlier interview with Caitlin O’Sullivan, founder and managing editor of the Postcard Press.

No comments: