Thursday, August 29, 2013

Writing Your Personal Statement: Workshop at the Hill Center in Washington, D.C.

I'm excited to be leading a workshop at the Hill Center at the Old Naval Hospital in October. I'll be discussing how to compose a strong personal statement for your college or graduate school applications. The workshop is limited to 12 participants; parents are welcome to attend, too. Register today through the Hill Center.

Three-Tense Approach: Applying to Undergraduate and Graduate Programs with a Well-Written Personal Statement

When: Mon, 10/21/2013; 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Cost: $30 per person

A strong personal statement should describe your past, present and future. Writing Coach Chloe Miller will discuss how to tap into your experiences and goals in order to craft the strongest possible essay. Graduate and undergraduate applicants (parents welcome, too) should come with questions and paper and pen or a charged laptop. We’ll spend some time in the second half of the session brainstorming ideas and starting to write.

From a former Politics & Prose student of Chloe's: "I signed up for Chloe's Politics and Prose class because I needed structure and deadlines for my writing. In the class, I realized that Chloe is excellent at guiding writers and seeing the larger picture for our work. In addition to getting what I needed in terms of structure and deadlines, her feedback on my work as a writing coach really helped with my thesis last spring. I lacked confidence in my ability to tell my story, and I gained what I needed in that class."


Read a recent, related blog post on how to consider three time periods in your personal statement.

If you are looking to work with a writing coach for additional, one-on-one help with your personal statement, read more about my writing coach services and how I can help you with your personal statement. Each session will be tailored to fit your needs and goals. 

No comments: