Monday, March 24, 2014

Gearing up for National Poetry Month

April promises the end of winter (right?!?) and a whirlwind of poetry. As I've done in the past for National Poetry Month, I'll be hosting guest writers all month here on the blog. Stay tuned for some great pieces on writing, editing, submissions and more by published authors.

I'm excited to be reading at the Georgetown Neighborhood library with Finishing Line Press poets on April 9th and at the Chevy Chase D.C. Public Library on April 23rd with recent poetry chapbook authors.

Washington, D.C., has an incredible literary scene. This week, maybe I'll see you at Georgetown University to hear Poet Laureate Natasha Trethewey at Georgetown University or, later in the week, at the Split this Rock Poetry Festival?

For more D.C. literary resources, scroll down to my list of DC Area Literary Readings, Festivals & Resources on the right side of this blog. (Please let me know if I've forgotten anything.)

For a monthly poetry calendar, follow the Beltway Poetry Quarterly's Poetry News

No comments: